A powertrain is an assembly of all the components that thrust the car into motion, it consists of the engine, transmission, driveshaft, axles and differential. Hence, the powertrain is responsible for the overall performance of the vehicle. The factors driving the demand for the automotive powertrain are the rising demand for automated transmission and electrification of vehicles. Furthermore, the surge in demand for engine downsizing to increase fuel efficiency is also driving the demand for the automotive powertrain. The Global Automotive Powertrain market was valued at USD 62.72 billion in 2021 and it is predicted to reach USD 87.85 billion by 2030, rising at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.3 % from 2022 to 2030.
With the rise in global temperature, more stringent laws are being imposed in developed and developing countries. Since the automotive powertrain is also used in electric vehicles, the demand for automotive powertrain will increase as well over the forecast period. Key market players are already going to introduce electric vehicles in the market.
Years Considered for the study:
Automotive Powertrain Market
By Vehicle Type:
The passenger vehicle segment is leading the highest market share in 2021, and it is expected to maintain this lead over the forecast period. As Governments of various countries are promoting the electric vehicle sector through various subsidies and tax relaxation, the demand for automotive powertrain in passenger vehicles is likely going to increase.
By Wheel Position:
There are three types of drive wheel position, rear-wheel drive (RWD), front-wheel drive (FWD), and all-wheel drive (AWD). In passenger cars, front-wheel drive is leading in the market share. Whereas, the rear-wheeled drive is leading in the commercial vehicle market. All-wheel drive provides more comfort, safety and acceleration, but is a bit expensive as compared to rear-wheel drive and front-wheel drive. Currently, the all-wheel drive (AWD) system is being introduced in several small passenger cars. As the standard of living is increasing in developing countries, the demand for high-end vehicles with all-wheel drive vehicles is going to increase, hence the growth for all-wheel drive vehicles is likely going to increase over the forecast period.
There are two types of Engines used in automotive powertrain, diesel and gasoline (petrol). In passenger cars, gasoline (petrol) engine is dominating the market, as it requires less maintenance and the price difference between gasoline and diesel is decreasing. Hence, the gasoline engine is likely to dominate the market over the forecast period.
By Regional Outlook:
The Asia Pacific region has the largest share in the powertrain market in terms of value. The largest share in this region is linked with the growth of the middle class in Asian countries, which has resulted in the rise in sales of passenger cars in the region. In Europe and several developing countries in the Asia Pacific, the demand for luxury and sustainable all-wheel-drive systems is increasing. The growing demand for all-wheel drive in European and Asia Pacific countries will drive the market over the forecast period.
By Key Competitors and Market Share Analysis:
As a result, leading firms are focused on maintaining long-term operations and developing manufacturing, R&D and distribution capabilities to increase their market position.
The following are some of the major market players operating across the globe:
- Toyota Motor Corporation
- Hyundai Motor Company
- JTEKT Corporation
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
- Volkswagen AG
- Ford Motor Company
- General Motors Company
- GKN plc
- Borgwarner Inc.
- Aisin Seiki Co. Ltd
- Hella KGaA Hueck & Co.
Scope of the report
|Actual estimates/Historical data||2017 - 2020|
|Forecast period||2022 - 2030|
|Market representation||Revenue in USD 87.85 billion & 4.3% CAGR from 2022 to 2030|
|Regional scope||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, MEA|
|Country scope||USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, U.K., Germany, Italy, France, Spain, China, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE, South Africa, etc.|
|The Segment covered by||Vehicle Type, Drive Wheel Position, Engine Type|
|Companies covered||Toyota Motor Corporation, Hyundai Motor Company, JTEKT Corporation, ZF Friedrichshafen AG, Volkswagen AG, Ford Motor Company, General Motors Company, GKN plc, Borgwarner Inc., Aisin Seiki Co. Ltd, Valeo, Hella KGaA Hueck & Co.|
|Report coverage||Revenue forecast, company share, competitive landscape, growth factors, and trends|
|Free customization scope (equivalent to 5 analyst working days)||If you need specific information, which is not currently within the scope of the report, we will provide it to you as a part of the customization|
Significant Highlights of the Automotive Powertrain Market Research Report:
- The Report Provides the CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2022-2030.
- Detailed analysis and information on factors that will drive Automotive Powertrain market growth during the next five years.
- Accurate predictions on the latest and upcoming trends, changes in consumer behavior.
- The growth of the Automotive Powertrain market industry across North America can be segmented into the U.S., Canada. Europe is segmented into Germany, the UK, France and the Rest of Europe. The Asia Pacific comprises China, Japan, India, and the Rest of Asia Pacific. The rest of the world has been further segmented into Latin America and the Middle East and Africa.
- A detailed analysis of the markets competitive landscape and in-depth analysis and information on the market.
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of the Automotive Powertrain market.
- The report analyses all the recent major developments and helps users of the report with current industry updates.
- We calculate market size such as Historical and forecast the size of the Automotive Powertrain market in terms of Revenue (USD Million).
- Market opportunity analysis for specific demography.
- Privately held or very small players profiling in the global marketplace.
- DLF Data Analytics Model is a statistical tool that helps the company to forecast market estimates. A few of the parameters considered as a part of the statistical model include:
- Micro-economic indicators
- Macro-economic indicators
- Environmental indicators
- Socio-political indicators
- Technology indicators
The Key Audiences for Automotive Powertrain Market Report:
- Consulting Firms & Research Institutes
- Industry Leaders & Companies aims to enter the Automotive Powertrain market
- Universities and Student
- Service Providers, Product Providers, Solution Providers, and other players in the Automotive Powertrain market
- Government Bodies and Associated Private Firms
- Individuals interested to learn about the Automotive Powertrain market
Segments Covered in the Report
This report forecasts revenue growth at the global, regional, and country levels and provides an analysis of the latest industry trends in each of the sub-segments from 2021 to 2030. For the purpose of this report, Data Lab Forecast has segmented the global Automotive Powertrain Market report on the basis of Vehicle Type, Drive Wheel Position, Engine Type, and region:
The report segment of the global Automotive Powertrain market is as follows:
Global Automotive Powertrain Market: By Vehicle Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2021 - 2030)
Global Automotive Powertrain Market: By Drive Wheel Position Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2021 - 2030)
- Front Wheel Drive
- Rear Wheel Drive
- All Wheel Drive
Global Automotive Powertrain Market: By Engine Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2021 - 2030)
Global Automotive Powertrain Market: By Region Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2021 - 2030)
In case you dont find what you are looking for, please get in touch with our custom research team at email@example.com
- North America
- The U.S.
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of The Middle East & Africa