Bioenergy is a viable clean energy source for meeting climate change goals. The use of bioenergy is essential to meet a wide range of environmental, social, economic, and sustainable goals. Bioenergy is defined as energy produced from renewable sources which are not harmful to nature. Bioenergy sources such as biofuel, biogas, biomass, and other bio-organic waste can provide Solutions for achieving Energy Security, which is associated with reducing dependency on the use of Petroleum. According to the Paris Climate Convention, countries all over the world are encouraged to increase their use of renewable energy sources to meet their energy needs.The Global Bioenergy market was valued at US$ 108.71 billion in 2021 and it is predicted to reach US$ 206.24 billion by 2030, rising at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.4 % from 2022 to 2030.
Through domestic energy crops, biofuel can help to improve energy security. The plants are used to make biofuel in place of crude oil imported from other countries. Biofuel will also play a part in the country's growth, by reducing the need for oil imports.
Years Considered for the study:
By Product Type:
In 2021, the liquid biofuel segment dominated the market. Demand for biofuels from vehicles, trucks, ships, and aircraft is increasing in many developing economies across the globe. Furthermore, the market is anticipated to grow due to an increasing effort by the governments to reduce dependency on fossil fuels. In 2021, the solid biomass segment accounted for the second-largest revenue share. In many developing countries solid biomass is mainly used for heating and cooking, in addition, industries which manufacture wood products and paper depend upon solid biomass for their production.
By Feedstock Type:
In 2021, the solid waste category dominated the market. Rising urbanization and expanding cities are producing more waste day by day which can be used to produce bioenergy. In 2021, the agricultural wastage segment accounted for the second-largest revenue share. The agricultural waste such as leftovers of crops and cattle excreta can be used to produce energy in the form of biogas. The ethanol production from sugarcane is helping countries to achieve energy security.
By Application Type:
In 2021, the Transportation segment dominated the market. Fossil fuels are essential for vehicles, aeroplanes for smooth transportation from one place to another. Due to increasing petroleum prices, there is greater demand for bioenergy as an alternative. With the increasing trade, the transportation industry is going to be a driver for bioenergy. In 2021, the power generation segment is predicted to grow at a notable CAGR over the forecast period. Power is essential for the smooth functioning of various industries and household appliances. With depleting coal resources and rising demand for electricity there is a greater need for bioenergy.
By Regional Outlook:
In 2020, Europe dominated the market, accounting for about 41 % of the global market. The availability of research and development infrastructure facilities and smooth transportation has enabled the continent to monopolies the world markets. Higher industrialization with developed cities demands more energy.
In 2021, Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a significant CAGR during the projection period. The dense population of India and China is driving the demand for bioenergy in this region. With the many growing economies in this region, the demand is bound to increase. Over one-third of the planet's vehicles are present in Asia-Pacific, driving greater demand for energy.
By Key Competitors and Market Share Analysis:
As a result, leading firms are focused on maintaining long-term operations and developing research, development, and distribution capabilities to increase their market position. The competition among the players is based on numerous parameters including innovation, product offerings, price, and corporate reputation.
The following are some of the major market players operating across the globe:
- Ameresco, Inc
- MVV Energie AG
- EnviTec Biogas AG
- Green plains, Inc
- Pacific BioEnergy Corp
- Drax Group
- Enexor Energy
Scope of the report
|Actual estimates/Historical data||2017 - 2020|
|Forecast period||2022 - 2030|
|Market representation||Revenue in US$ 206.24 billion & 7.4% CAGR from 2022 to 2030|
|Regional scope||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, MEA|
|Country scope||USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, U.K., Germany, Italy, France, Spain, China, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE, South Africa, etc.|
|The Segment covered by||Product Type, Feedstock Type, Application Type|
|Companies covered||ADM, POET, Ameresco, Inc, Enerkem, MVV Energie AG, Enviva, EnviTec Biogas AG, Green plains, Inc, Pacific BioEnergy Corp, Lignetics, Drax Group, Enexor Energy|
|Report coverage||Revenue forecast, company share, competitive landscape, growth factors, and trends|
|Free customization scope (equivalent to 5 analyst working days)||If you need specific information, which is not currently within the scope of the report, we will provide it to you as a part of the customization|
Significant Highlights of the Bioenergy Market Research Report:
- The Report Provides the CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2022-2030.
- Detailed analysis and information on factors that will drive Bioenergy market growth during the next five years.
- Accurate predictions on the latest and upcoming trends, changes in consumer behavior.
- The growth of the Bioenergy market industry across North America can be segmented into the U.S., Canada. Europe is segmented into Germany, the UK, France and the Rest of Europe. The Asia Pacific comprises China, Japan, India, and the Rest of Asia Pacific. The rest of the world has been further segmented into Latin America and the Middle East and Africa.
- A detailed analysis of the markets competitive landscape and in-depth analysis and information on the market.
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of the Bioenergy market.
- The report analyses all the recent major developments and helps users of the report with current industry updates.
- We calculate market size such as Historical and forecast the size of the Bioenergy market in terms of Revenue (USD Million).
- Market opportunity analysis for specific demography.
- Privately held or very small players profiling in the global marketplace.
- DLF Data Analytics Model is a statistical tool that helps the company to forecast market estimates. A few of the parameters considered as a part of the statistical model include:
- Micro-economic indicators
- Macro-economic indicators
- Environmental indicators
- Socio-political indicators
- Technology indicators
The Key Audiences for Bioenergy Market Report:
- Consulting Firms & Research Institutes
- Industry Leaders & Companies aims to enter the Bioenergy market
- Universities and Student
- Service Providers, Product Providers, Solution Providers, and other players in the Bioenergy market
- Government Bodies and Associated Private Firms
- Individuals interested to learn about the Bioenergy market
Segments Covered in the Report
This report forecasts revenue growth at the global, regional, and country levels and provides an analysis of the latest industry trends in each of the sub-segments from 2021 to 2030. For the purpose of this report, Data Lab Forecast has segmented the global Bioenergy Market report on the basis of Product Type, Feedstock Type, Application Type, and region:
The report segment of the global Bioenergy market is as follows:
Global Bioenergy Market: By Product Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2021 - 2030)
- Solid Biomass
- Liquid Biofuel
Global Bioenergy Market: By Feedstock Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2021 - 2030)
- Solid Waste
- Agricultural Waste
- Wood Waste
Global Bioenergy Market: By Application Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2021 - 2030)
- Power Generation
- Heat Generation
Global Bioenergy Market: By Region Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2021 - 2030)
In case you dont find what you are looking for, please get in touch with our custom research team at email@example.com
- North America
- The U.S.
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of The Middle East & Africa