Surgical sutures, sometimes known as stitches, are made with a needle and a length of thread attached. Skin ulcers, neuropathic ulcers, paediatric heart surgery, and diabetic ulcers are all treated using surgical sutures. These sutures generate less irritation and allow the thread to pass through the tissue more easily.The Global Surgical Sutures market was valued at USD 4.4 billion in 2021 and it is predicted to reach USD 6.5 billion by 2030, rising at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.8 % from 2022 to 2030.
Diseases like cerebrovascular disease, diabetes, orthopaedic ailments, mental illness, and heart disease are growing more widespread as people's lifestyles change. These disorders can sometimes be cured with surgery, which enhances the growth of surgical sutures for therapy. The rising popularity of cosmetic surgeries, the rising number of accidents, rising healthcare costs, and the development of technologically superior sutures such as Antibacterial Triclosan-Coated Polyglactin 910 suture for use over conventional sutures are the main drivers of the global surgical sutures market. According to the World Health Organization, more than 20 to 50 million people suffer non-fatal injuries that leave them disabled, while more than 1.3 million people have their lives cut short as a result of traffic accidents. The global surgical rate per 100,000 persons was 4,469 operations per year.
Years Considered for the study:
Surgical Sutures Market
By Product Type:
The absorbable sector held the greatest revenue share of nearly 55 % in 2021 because of its ability to provide temporary support to wounds while they heal and can endure normal stress, Furthermore, demand for absorbable sutures is steadily increasing, owing to their capacity to disintegrate naturally. As a result, leading market players are spending on research and development, which is projected to assist the absorbable sector to grow in the future.
Due to their incapacity to deteriorate or disintegrate, non-absorbable sutures had a lower market share than absorbable sutures. These sutures are commonly utilised in demanding interior environments where absorbable sutures are unable to meet the needs. These sutures are mostly used to close wounds that take a long time to heal or for slow-healing tissues.
By Application Outlook:
In 2021, the other category dominated the surgical suture market. In 2021, cardiovascular surgery had the second-largest revenue share. This is due to the high prevalence of cardiac disorders, the availability of enough experts in the field, favourable reimbursement conditions, and technological advancements in diagnostics. This is resulting in a large increase in the number of cardiac procedures, which is driving up demand for surgical sutures over the forecast period.
Also, orthopaedic surgery was the third-largest application segment, and it is predicted to grow at a healthy rate during the forecast period. This is due to an increase in the frequency of road accidents, which is leading to an increase in orthopaedic injuries. According to the US Department of Transportation, in the first half of 2021, an expected 20,160 persons died in motor vehicle accidents.
By Regional Outlook:
Due to the presence of local and key players, high suture costs compared to other regions, supportive reimbursement scenario, rising government programmes, and developed healthcare infrastructure, the North American region dominated the surgical sutures market in 2021 with a revenue share of over 40%. Technological developments and a high level of domestic wealth are also important factors in North America's huge revenue share.
During the projected period, Asia Pacific is expected to grow at the fastest rate. This is due to an increase in government investment in healthcare infrastructure to fulfil the region's unmet needs, as well as a growing older population that is more prone to need surgery. China, India, and Japan are the Asia Pacific region's largest markets. Another key reason propelling the market to exponential growth in this area is the increase in medical tourism in countries like India, Singapore, and Malaysia.
By Key Competitors and Market Share Analysis:
The market is slightly consolidated, with a few large companies accounting for the majority of revenue. The major businesses are concentrating their efforts on launching new items that will help them gain a firm foothold in the industry.
Furthermore, they intend to grow their regional reach through strategic efforts such as partnerships, product launches, and collaborations.
The following are some of the major market players operating across the globe:
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Medtronic plc, Ethicon Inc. (Johnson & Johnson)
- Teleflex Incorporated
- Smith & Nephew
- CONMED Corporation
- Internacional Farmaceutica S.A. De C.V.
- DemeTech Corporation
- Peters Surgical
- Sutures India
- EndoEvolution, LLC
- Surgical Specialties Corporation
- Mellon Medical B.V.
- Integra Lifesciences
Scope of the report
|Actual estimates/Historical data||2017 - 2020|
|Forecast period||2022 - 2030|
|Market representation||Revenue in USD 6.5 billion & 5.8% CAGR from 2022 to 2030|
|Regional scope||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, MEA|
|Country scope||USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, U.K., Germany, Italy, France, Spain, China, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE, South Africa, etc.|
|The Segment covered by||Product Type, Application|
|Companies covered||B. Braun Melsungen AG, Boston Scientific Corporation, Medtronic plc, Ethicon Inc. (Johnson & Johnson), Teleflex Incorporated, Smith & Nephew, CONMED Corporation, Internacional Farmaceutica S.A. De C.V., DemeTech Corporation, Peters Surgical, Sutures India, EndoEvolution, LLC, Surgical Specialties Corporation, Mellon Medical B.V., Covidien, Integra Lifesciences|
|Report coverage||Revenue forecast, company share, competitive landscape, growth factors, and trends|
|Free customization scope (equivalent to 5 analyst working days)||If you need specific information, which is not currently within the scope of the report, we will provide it to you as a part of the customization|
Significant Highlights of the Surgical Sutures Market Research Report:
- The Report Provides the CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2022-2030.
- Detailed analysis and information on factors that will drive Surgical Sutures market growth during the next five years.
- Accurate predictions on the latest and upcoming trends, changes in consumer behavior.
- The growth of the Surgical Sutures market industry across North America can be segmented into the U.S., Canada. Europe is segmented into Germany, the UK, France and the Rest of Europe. The Asia Pacific comprises China, Japan, India, and the Rest of Asia Pacific. The rest of the world has been further segmented into Latin America and the Middle East and Africa.
- A detailed analysis of the markets competitive landscape and in-depth analysis and information on the market.
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of the Surgical Sutures market.
- The report analyses all the recent major developments and helps users of the report with current industry updates.
- We calculate market size such as Historical and forecast the size of the Surgical Sutures market in terms of Revenue (USD Million).
- Market opportunity analysis for specific demography.
- Privately held or very small players profiling in the global marketplace.
- DLF Data Analytics Model is a statistical tool that helps the company to forecast market estimates. A few of the parameters considered as a part of the statistical model include:
- Micro-economic indicators
- Macro-economic indicators
- Environmental indicators
- Socio-political indicators
- Technology indicators
The Key Audiences for Surgical Sutures Market Report:
- Consulting Firms & Research Institutes
- Industry Leaders & Companies aims to enter the Surgical Sutures market
- Universities and Student
- Service Providers, Product Providers, Solution Providers, and other players in the Surgical Sutures market
- Government Bodies and Associated Private Firms
- Individuals interested to learn about the Surgical Sutures market
Segments Covered in the Report
This report forecasts revenue growth at the global, regional, and country levels and provides an analysis of the latest industry trends in each of the sub-segments from 2021 to 2030. For the purpose of this report, Data Lab Forecast has segmented the global Surgical Sutures Market report on the basis of Product Type, Application, and region:
The report segment of the global Surgical Sutures market is as follows:
Global Surgical Sutures Market: By Product Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2021 - 2030)
- Absorbable Sutures
- Non-absorbable Sutures
Global Surgical Sutures Market: By Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2021 - 2030)
- Cardiovascular Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- General Surgery
Global Surgical Sutures Market: By Region Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2021 - 2030)
In case you dont find what you are looking for, please get in touch with our custom research team at email@example.com
- North America
- The U.S.
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of The Middle East & Africa