The need for digitalization in every sector was felt as a result of COVID-19. During the COVID-19 epidemic, the market for precision agriculture, particularly farm sensors, grew and felt the necessity. Due to the rising requirement for optimal productivity with the resources available, agriculture sensors are becoming increasingly popular among farmers. Changing weather patterns as a result of global warming have necessitated the use of smart sensors to boost productivity and crop harvests. Farmers can monitor fields, and weather forecasts, and attain optimal field requirements by using modern sensors. Farmers can boost yields with minimal human work and waste by using agriculture sensors.The Global Agriculture Sensor market was valued at USD 1.55 billion in 2021 and it is predicted to reach USD 3.79 billion by 2030, rising at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13.6 % from 2022 to 2030.
Agriculture sensors are electronic components that are used to help crops grow faster. Agriculture sensors include electrochemical sensors, optical sensors, ground sensors, airflow sensors, and temperature sensors, and they are an important aspect of smart farming. Factors such as increased usage of the Internet of Things (IoT) and artificial intelligence are driving the growth of the agriculture IoT market (AI).
Years Considered for the study:
Agriculture Sensor Market
By Sensor Type:
By 2030, soil moisture sensors are expected to expand at the fastest rate. Over the projected period, the agricultural sector is likely to drive market expansion by increasing the usage of soil moisture sensors to boost farm production and minimise water consumption. Furthermore, by continual monitoring, this product aids in the avoidance of irrigation concerns, boosting the market's growth. The market is also likely to be driven by the development of new technologies that assist homeowners in monitoring soil moisture conditions of potted plants, vegetable gardens, and lawns.
On the other hand, a lack of knowledge among farmers about the benefits of sensors, a scarcity of experienced personnel, and a preference for conventional agricultural techniques, particularly in emerging nations, are impeding the market's overall growth.
By Application Outlook:
In 2021, the soil management application category led the market with a highest revenue share. For optimal plant development and productivity, soil management is critical. Soil moisture sensors, continuous plant growth sensors, and microclimate tracking are being added to monitoring systems. The information collected by these sensors is sent to mobile devices, allowing farmers to take rapid action. Furthermore, the growing usage of sensors in agricultural regions has aided farmers in conserving water and improving total food output. In the next years, these advantages are projected to propel the segment. Furthermore, the industry is being driven by governments throughout the world focusing more on water conservation in order to increase crop quality.
By Regional Outlook:
Agriculture sensors were one of the most popular products in North America. The use of advanced farming solutions was boosted by strong government backing for increasing agricultural production, infrastructure support, and acceptance of smart and efficient farming methods. Soil moisture sensors have become more popular in North America. For more efficient monitoring and conversion of turfgrass, soil moisture devices are employed in the sports turf market.
According to studies, using a sensor helps farmers avoid drought stress and lowers the maintenance and labour costs of protected agriculture by at least 20%. The United States was an early adoption of precision farming technologies, which is one of the main reasons for the region's dominant position in the global industry.
By Key Competitors and Market Share Analysis:
The worldwide agricultural sensor market is fragmented, with a number of small and medium-sized businesses competing against a few large firms. The fragmented character of the industry is mostly due to the growth of regional markets and local players in various regions of the world.
The two regions with the most competitive activity are North America and Asia-Pacific.
The following are some of the major market players operating across the globe:
- Vegetronix Inc.
- Sentek Ltd
- Libelium Comunicaciones Distribuidas SL
- Caipos Gmbh
- Agsmarts Inc
- Acquity Agriculture, and Acclima Inc
- Deere & Company
- Trimble Inc.
- Raven Industries
- AKVA group
- Topcon Positioning Systems
- AgJunction, Allflex (Subsidiary of Merck & Co., Inc.)
- Ponsse, Komatsu Forest AB
- InnovaSea System
- Steinsvik (ScaleAQ)
- TeeJet Technologies
- AG Leader Technology
Scope of the report
|Actual estimates/Historical data||2017 - 2020|
|Forecast period||2022 - 2030|
|Market representation||Revenue in USD 3.79 billion & 13.6% CAGR from 2022 to 2030|
|Regional scope||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, MEA|
|Country scope||USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, U.K., Germany, Italy, France, Spain, China, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE, South Africa, etc.|
|The Segment covered by||Sensor Type, Application|
|Companies covered||Vegetronix Inc., Sentek Ltd, Pycno, Libelium Comunicaciones Distribuidas SL, Edyn, Caipos Gmbh, Auroras, Agsmarts Inc, Acquity Agriculture, and Acclima Inc, Deere & Company, Trimble Inc., Raven Industries, AKVA group, Topcon Positioning Systems, AgJunction, Allflex (Subsidiary of Merck & Co., Inc.), Ponsse, Komatsu Forest AB, InnovaSea System, Steinsvik (ScaleAQ), TeeJet Technologies, DICKEY-john, AG Leader Technology, AgEagle , PrecisionHawk|
|Report coverage||Revenue forecast, company share, competitive landscape, growth factors, and trends|
|Free customization scope (equivalent to 5 analyst working days)||If you need specific information, which is not currently within the scope of the report, we will provide it to you as a part of the customization|
Significant Highlights of the Agriculture Sensor Market Research Report:
- The Report Provides the CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2022-2030.
- Detailed analysis and information on factors that will drive Agriculture Sensor market growth during the next five years.
- Accurate predictions on the latest and upcoming trends, changes in consumer behavior.
- The growth of the Agriculture Sensor market industry across North America can be segmented into the U.S., Canada. Europe is segmented into Germany, the UK, France and the Rest of Europe. The Asia Pacific comprises China, Japan, India, and the Rest of Asia Pacific. The rest of the world has been further segmented into Latin America and the Middle East and Africa.
- A detailed analysis of the markets competitive landscape and in-depth analysis and information on the market.
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of the Agriculture Sensor market.
- The report analyses all the recent major developments and helps users of the report with current industry updates.
- We calculate market size such as Historical and forecast the size of the Agriculture Sensor market in terms of Revenue (USD Million).
- Market opportunity analysis for specific demography.
- Privately held or very small players profiling in the global marketplace.
- DLF Data Analytics Model is a statistical tool that helps the company to forecast market estimates. A few of the parameters considered as a part of the statistical model include:
- Micro-economic indicators
- Macro-economic indicators
- Environmental indicators
- Socio-political indicators
- Technology indicators
The Key Audiences for Agriculture Sensor Market Report:
- Consulting Firms & Research Institutes
- Industry Leaders & Companies aims to enter the Agriculture Sensor market
- Universities and Student
- Service Providers, Product Providers, Solution Providers, and other players in the Agriculture Sensor market
- Government Bodies and Associated Private Firms
- Individuals interested to learn about the Agriculture Sensor market
Segments Covered in the Report
This report forecasts revenue growth at the global, regional, and country levels and provides an analysis of the latest industry trends in each of the sub-segments from 2021 to 2030. For the purpose of this report, Data Lab Forecast has segmented the global Agriculture Sensor Market report on the basis of Sensor Type, Application, and region:
The report segment of the global Agriculture Sensor market is as follows:
Global Agriculture Sensor Market: By Sensor Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2021 - 2030)
- Humidity Sensor
- Electrochemical Sensor
- Mechanical Sensor
- Optical Sensor
- Pressure Sensor
- Water Sensor
- Soil Sensor
- Location Sensor
Global Agriculture Sensor Market: By Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2021 - 2030)
- Soil Monitoring
- Yield Mapping and Monitoring
- Disease Detection and Control
- Weed Mapping
Global Agriculture Sensor Market: By Region Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2021 - 2030)
In case you dont find what you are looking for, please get in touch with our custom research team at email@example.com
- North America
- The U.S.
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of The Middle East & Africa