The COVID-19 epidemic has wreaked havoc on the economy and society. The government ordered a nationwide lockdown to combat the spread of coronavirus illnesses, causing significant disruption in the supply chain and manufacturing cycle for baby powders. Baby powders are essential in the treatment of baby rashes and skin irritations; nevertheless, a lack of supply, their widespread usage in everyday life, and panic buying by consumers have impeded the market's growth. People are hesitant to make purchases at stores because they are concerned about the virus spreading.The Global Baby Powder market was valued at USD 1.60 billion in 2021 and it is predicted to reach USD 1.69 billion by 2030, rising at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.6 % from 2022 to 2030.
Magnesium, silicon, and oxygen make up baby powder. They're used to keep skin dry and avoid rashes caused by heavy diapers, skin irritations, allergies, and chafing. Because new-borns skin is delicate and their immune systems are immature, using regular talcum powder on them may result in chronic illnesses such as cancer. The baby powder sector has grown significantly in recent years as public awareness of the value of new-born health care products has grown. Organic goods, which are comprised of natural substances and have no adverse effects on the baby's skin, have become popular as a result of innovation in infant health care products.
Years Considered for the study:
Baby Powder Market
By Product Type:
Due to the strong demand for organic infant care products, the talc-free sector accounted for the greatest sales share of 75% in 2020. Corn-starch-based baby powders are quite popular since many people prefer natural ingredients. Corn starch serves as a vehicle for active substances to permeate the skin, delivering sustenance to the baby's skin.
Several companies in the sector are developing new organic goods. In the United States, Amyris, Inc. introduced "Baby Cream to Powder," an alternative to talc-based powders. For increased skin nutrition, companies are offering products including corn starch and essential oils such as lavender, almond, and olive oils. Furthermore, over 170 organizations from 51 countries are opposing the use of talc-based powders, driving demand for natural components.
By Distribution Channel Outlook:
In 2021, the offline distribution channel category had the highest revenue share. Consumers benefit from the availability of a wide range of personal care items, such as cosmetics and meals, in a single retail location. Baby powder is becoming more widely available in medical and grocery stores. Several major market participants provide infant care goods based on their utility. Johnson & Johnson paid over $33 million in the development of a distribution centre in Europe, and the centres launch simplified the region's distribution network.
By Regional Outlook:
Asia Pacific will account for nearly 34% of market share in 2021. Growing consumer awareness of personal hygiene, as well as demand for infant care items such as diapers and strollers, are driving market expansion in the area. The market is also being driven by a stable increase in the birth rate, a growing middle-class population, and a high purchase frequency of infant care items. An increase in internet purchasing is supporting the increasing demand for infant care items. Moms Co., for example, has worked with e-commerce giants like Amazon to expand its online presence. In addition, Godrej Consumer Products has entered the infant care market.
By Key Competitors and Market Share Analysis:
The worldwide market is very competitive, with numerous well-established firms. Due to the increased demand for organic personal care products, companies are increasingly concentrating on introducing innovative products produced with cornstarch and other essential oils. The epidemic has boosted demand for baby hygiene products, propelling the industry forward.
The following are some of the major market players operating across the globe:
- Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.
- PROCTER & GAMBLE,
- Burt's Bees
- The Himalaya Drug Company
- Beiersdorf AG
- California Baby
- Prestige Consumer Healthcare Inc.
- Chattem, Inc.
- Pigeon Corporation
- PZ Cussons
Scope of the report
|Actual estimates/Historical data||2017 - 2020|
|Forecast period||2022 - 2030|
|Market representation||Revenue in USD 1.69 billion & 5.6% CAGR from 2022 to 2030|
|Regional scope||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, MEA|
|Country scope||USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, U.K., Germany, Italy, France, Spain, China, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE, South Africa, etc.|
|The Segment covered by||Product Type, Distribution Channel |
|Companies covered||KCWW, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., PROCTER & GAMBLE,, Unilever, Chicco, Burt's Bees, The Himalaya Drug Company, Beiersdorf AG, California Baby, Prestige Consumer Healthcare Inc., Chattem, Inc., Pigeon Corporation, PZ Cussons|
|Report coverage||Revenue forecast, company share, competitive landscape, growth factors, and trends|
|Free customization scope (equivalent to 5 analyst working days)||If you need specific information, which is not currently within the scope of the report, we will provide it to you as a part of the customization|
Significant Highlights of the Baby Powder Market Research Report:
- The Report Provides the CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2022-2030.
- Detailed analysis and information on factors that will drive Baby Powder market growth during the next five years.
- Accurate predictions on the latest and upcoming trends, changes in consumer behavior.
- The growth of the Baby Powder market industry across North America can be segmented into the U.S., Canada. Europe is segmented into Germany, the UK, France and the Rest of Europe. The Asia Pacific comprises China, Japan, India, and the Rest of Asia Pacific. The rest of the world has been further segmented into Latin America and the Middle East and Africa.
- A detailed analysis of the markets competitive landscape and in-depth analysis and information on the market.
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of the Baby Powder market.
- The report analyses all the recent major developments and helps users of the report with current industry updates.
- We calculate market size such as Historical and forecast the size of the Baby Powder market in terms of Revenue (USD Million).
- Market opportunity analysis for specific demography.
- Privately held or very small players profiling in the global marketplace.
- DLF Data Analytics Model is a statistical tool that helps the company to forecast market estimates. A few of the parameters considered as a part of the statistical model include:
- Micro-economic indicators
- Macro-economic indicators
- Environmental indicators
- Socio-political indicators
- Technology indicators
The Key Audiences for Baby Powder Market Report:
- Consulting Firms & Research Institutes
- Industry Leaders & Companies aims to enter the Baby Powder market
- Universities and Student
- Service Providers, Product Providers, Solution Providers, and other players in the Baby Powder market
- Government Bodies and Associated Private Firms
- Individuals interested to learn about the Baby Powder market
Segments Covered in the Report
This report forecasts revenue growth at the global, regional, and country levels and provides an analysis of the latest industry trends in each of the sub-segments from 2021 to 2030. For the purpose of this report, Data Lab Forecast has segmented the global Baby Powder Market report on the basis of Product Type, Distribution Channel , and region:
The report segment of the global Baby Powder market is as follows:
Global Baby Powder Market: By Product Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2021 - 2030)
Global Baby Powder Market: By Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2021 - 2030)
Global Baby Powder Market: By Region Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2021 - 2030)
In case you dont find what you are looking for, please get in touch with our custom research team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- North America
- The U.S.
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of The Middle East & Africa